Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving '05

I figured I'd better post some more pics. Maybe it'll force me to take more with the new camera! So I present Thanksgiving '05 with Os' family:

I didn't get to use the camera much--the sisters had to grab it. This is S2 with her daughter N1 on the computer checking out any last minute online sales. Remember the old days when everyone got together around the piano and sang songs? Well, neither do I, but there was food to be cooked--why are they on the computer?? The second picture is BIL2, N2 and S2. N2 is now officially the tallest in the bloodline, other than Dad. She was just named to the varsity basketball team this week. GO BRUINS!


This is S3, with her kids the Nephew and N3. The Nephew is the youngest, and has all these females hovering over him all the time. To his credit, he's small, but an incredible athlete (like his dad). Unfortunately, he also likes to dance and has shown some musical talent (making his uncle proud!). It will be interesting to see how that all turns out!



This is the general chaos in kitchen area. I'm involved in the general supervision of things. Note the "big people" table behind me. I didn't get to sit there. There was more than a couple of bottles of wine put down. I drank Bud. The only real problem I have with my dad is that he's doing what my grandfather used to do. Buy the cheap beer. No microbrews for this guy. Though to his credit, there were 6 bottles of Fat Tire in the garage refrigerator. Must have been left by someone over the Fourth. Does anybody else's family have a refrigerator in the garage whose main function is to keep beer cold--nothing else? I think we've had one since 1969. Seriously. Dad's getting ready to slice the bird. It was actually alot larger than it shows in the picture! And the whole damn family arguing about how to take the family picture. The camera was on the kitchen counter, so it was a little low. But Mom decreed that no one was to sit down to eat until we took the picture! You can see that on the other site...

This is what I found at the stop sign on my way home. They made no attempt to get up and leave, even though I had stopped, gotten out of the car, and fumbled around with the camera. I think I could have petted them, if I were so inclined!

15 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Alice said...

Sometimes deer don't move because they think you won't be able to see them. I know a guy who had to get off his bush hog, move the baby deer so he wouldn't mow over it, and then resume the field trimming.

They hold still in my yard because they're eating all my okra!

1:59 PM, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Leesa said...

How funny, the deer sit around in my yard like that too. I guess they feel this is their yard and they are just lending it to me.

6:18 AM, November 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oz,

Appears that a great time was had by all. Perhaps next year you'll be invited to sit at the adult table.

I have always had the frig in garage with the sole purpose of keeping the beer cold. However, this time of year the beer has to compete with the baked holiday cookies for space.

Bob TheGoat

1:16 PM, November 28, 2005  
Blogger duff said...

how do you get your pictures to show up side-by-side?

7:20 AM, December 03, 2005  
Blogger Deb said...

The view out of that window makes me miss Montana so much. We lived there for about 18 months back in the late '80s. My son was born in Great Falls. I just loved it, loved it, loved it there!

5:47 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

I like that pic of you. I know you look sorta out of it but it's candid and I like it.

8:16 PM, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Gledwood said...

O wow! Dears in the back garden!!

That's well pukka

;->...

10:14 AM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger karen! said...

cool pics!!
anyhow, I was wondering if you could remove me, Karen's Blog, from your HNT list. I used to do this some, but I think I am getting unwanted traffic to my site now.
thanks.
feel free to come comment.

4:06 PM, December 14, 2007  
Blogger david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

Came here from Lime's blog. I smiled at your comment about confusion in the kitchen at family gatherings.

You must have been looking in on my family gatherings too!

11:53 AM, January 31, 2008  
Blogger Regal said...

Hi friend. It's been a while :)
Hope you're having a good week. I need to catch up on my reading and writing here in blog land.

9:46 AM, April 02, 2008  
Blogger Hollz said...

awww look at the deer thats wikid.....

Just poppin by to say hey hey hey.. Hope all is well..... Im back in blogland so come see me soon... xo

6:48 PM, October 26, 2008  
Blogger Tequila and Tampons said...

Oh I love the deer, Os!

11:20 PM, April 03, 2009  
Blogger Indi said...

We don't get deer in our back garden but we do have badgers eating the pears that fall of the tree....

3:27 PM, September 11, 2009  
Blogger A Daft Scots Lass said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:28 AM, January 02, 2011  
Blogger A Daft Scots Lass said...

info@redpepa.za.net regarding this week.

8:29 AM, January 02, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home